UPDATED: JULY 30, 2020
Campus High School Class of 2020 & Families,
- Campus Drive-Thru Graduation Processional is this Saturday, August 1st.
- Due to the construction at 55th Street South and Meridian: All vehicles will need to enter the intersection from South or West. Enter the west lot through the south entrance off Meridian. The school is not accessible from 55th Street South.
- Split families can travel through the processional in 2 vehicles, but they must arrive at the same time so they can be lined up together to see their graduate walk across the stage.
- There will be several photographers taking photos of graduates. The pictures will be available on the district website for downloading/printing at a later date.
- A backdrop will be set up outside between C/D Halls for families to take family photos. After your student has received their diploma, families can park in the west lot to take photos. Please keep in mind that we cannot have large groups gather in this area and limit your time so others have a chance for photos.
- We have arranged for the Drive-Thru Graduation Processional to be live streamed. A link will be available on the website Saturday Morning.
- Please review the July 14th Update Below.
We look forward to seeing Graduating Seniors and families on Saturday.
Posted July 14, 2020
On Saturday, August 1st at 9:30 a.m., we will be celebrating with our Seniors and families with a Drive-Thru Graduation Processional at Campus High School. The road construction on 55th Street South and Meridian will complicate arrival and departure, so please read the following information carefully so that everyone can participate in a safe Graduation Processional and receive their diploma.
Information for Seniors & Parents:
- The Graduation Car Line Up will begin in the Senior (west) Lot beginning at 9 a.m. Please enter the parking lot while driving North on Meridian due to the construction.
- Please plan on one vehicle per immediate family. If your immediate family requires more than one vehicle or you have a split family, a second vehicle will be allowed. Please arrive in the Senior Lot at the same time so the vehicles will be together to see your graduate receive their diploma. The Graduation Processional will be live-streamed for extended family. Please see the Campus website for updates: https://www.usd261.com/Campus
- Cars may arrive beginning at 9 a.m. in preparation for Graduation. We ask for your patience during the processional. We know that the safety of our Seniors, their family, and Campus Staff are of utmost importance. Anyone arriving after 10:30 a.m., could risk not being included in the Graduation Processional.
- No observers may congregate in the parking lot. All Seniors and observers will need to remain in their vehicles.
- HAVE FUN! Students are encouraged to decorate their CAR and CAPS. This is something that has never been done before, but neither has a pandemic. (Remember to keep it school appropriate.)
- Graduating Seniors (wearing cap and gown, honor cords) should be seated on the passenger side of the vehicle for easy exit. (Seniors without cap and gown can participate in school appropriate clothing.)
- A name card & name sign will be given to the graduate in the Senior Lot. The sign should be placed in the front window on the passenger side of the vehicle to be easily seen.
- Cars will be directed through the Circle Drive during the Graduation Processional.
- At the Circle Drive, the senior will exit the vehicle and walk to the clock tower to receive their diploma.
- One family member may exit the vehicle and stand in the indicated area to take pictures.
- As the Senior approaches the clock tower, their name will be read, they will receive their diploma, diploma cover & turn their tassel.
- Seniors will walk along the sidewalk to pick up additional items.
- Seniors will return to their vehicle and exit at the north end of the west lot onto Meridian.
Any Graduate that did not participate in the Graduation Processional may pick up their diploma in the Campus Counseling Office starting Monday, August 3rd.
Campus High School wants to recognize our Seniors and celebrate their accomplishments. Although this graduation is not what we originally planned, it should not diminish the accomplishments of our Seniors and the importance of this celebration.
Campus Senior Counselor