Welcome Admissions

New Student Enrollment

Welcome to Haysville USD 261. We are thrilled to extend a warm welcome to all new families joining our district! At Haysville Public Schools, we are committed to preparing all students to achieve success through diverse and interactive learning experiences.

As you embark on this exciting journey with us, know that you are joing a community dedicated to excellence in education and committed to providing a student-centered learning environment focused on building relationships that promote a positive school experience for all students. Whether your child is beginning their educational journey or transitioning to a new chapter, our staff is here to provide the guidance, resources, and support they need to succeed.

We look forward to getting to know you and your child, and we are excited to embark on this journey together. Welcome to the Haysville USD 261 family!


Age Requirements

Pre-K: For Pre-K and early childhood programs contact the Early Childhood Office at 554-2233.

Kdg: 5 years of age on or before August 31

1st Grade: 6 years of age on or before August 31



Centralized Enrollment

Centralized Enrollment for all new students to the Haysville School District for the 2024 - 2025 school year will be held at the USD 261 Administration Building, 1745 W. Grand, July 8, 2024 through July 18, 2024 between 7:30 am and 5:00 pm, Monday thru Thursday. Begininig July 22, 2024, new students will need to go to their boundary school (school of residence) to enroll.


To register a new student, you must have a valid address within the USD 261 attendance area. To see if your address falls within the district's boundaries and to determine your school of residence, click on the Google Map below.
For instructions on how to use the map, click on the button below.

How to Find Your Boundry School



What Is Needed For Enrollment?

All families that are new to the Haysville School District will need to fill out the following forms and provide the documents that are listed below. To speed up the enrollment process, you may bring the completed forms with you or they will be available at the time of enrollment.

Enrollment Forms

New Student Enrollment Form Click to print.
Kindergarten Authorization Form Click to print.
Release of Records Authorization Click to print.
Support Services Form Click to print.
Suspension/Expulsion Questionnare Click to print.

Documents Needed

Proof of Residency:  Acceptable documents include a current utility bill (electric, gas, sewer, or water), showing the Parent/Guardian's name and student’s address, or a current rental or purchase agreement.
* Please note, the following documents will NOT be accepted as proof of residency: Driver's License, check, phone bill, disconnect notice, or any other kind of non-utility bill or letter.
Certified Copy of Birth Certificate:  All students including pre-school and kindergarten, must have a certified copy of their birth certificate on file.
Kansas Certification of Immunization:  Kansas requires all children entering school for the first time in Kansas to provide their immunization records prior to admission to and attendance at a public school. A health assessment is now required for school entry for children through 8 years of age who have not previously enrolled in a Kansas school. View Immunization Requirements