The Kristen Swartzendruber Memorial Fund was established when Kristen tragically lost her life in an automobile accident in September 2002. At the time of her death, Kristen was leading the Haysville School District as the Superintendent. She was an advocate for children and of the value of education. Because of Kristen’s contribution to education, it was decided to create a scholarship fund in her name for the purpose of furthering the education of a Campus/Haysville High School senior and an employee of USD 261 Haysville. Two individuals will each receive a $500.00 scholarship each year.
- Two, one year non-renewable $500.00 scholarships will be awarded to (1) Campus/Haysville High School senior and (1) employee of USD 261.
- One Campus/Haysville High School student and one employee of USD 261 will be selected from among applicants.
- The scholarship is intended for use in paying tuition, room and board, books or fees.
- The scholarship must be used for attendance to a two-year or four-year college or university.
- Must be a Campus/Haysville High School senior during the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Student must reside in the Haysville School District.
- District employee must have been employed with USD 261 continually for three years.
- District employee must show an indication of working toward a degree.
- A committee will review the applications received.
- Applicants must indicate their financial need in a brief statement.
- The award will be a one year non-renewable scholarship payable directly to the institution, or upon acceptable proof of expenditure, reimbursement may be made to the recipient.
- For students, applicant’s parent or legal guardian must verify the information submitted as correct with his or her signature.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Students – a teacher, counselor or a school administrator; Employee – your building administrator and one other professional reference.
- Applicant must have applied for admissions or accepted a post-secondary accredited institution.
- Preference will be given to an applicant who is pursuing a degree related to education.
- The recipients of the scholarships will be contacted and invited to attend a Board of Education meeting to accept the scholarship.
Release for Media Usage
- By signing the application, I give permission for Kristen Swartzendruber Memorial Scholarship committee to release my information and/or photos obtained to the media and/or donors.
- Applications must be postmarked no later than April 27, 2018.
- Return completed application packet along with two recommendation letters to:
Mrs. Gina Keirns
Tri City Day School
1975 W Grand Ave
Haysville, KS 67060
Employee finalist will be notified by May 04, 2018; student award will be announced at the Senior Awards May 6, 2018.